Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack in Car and Driver

Hey Everyone,

Car and Driver took my car out to Arizona a couple of weeks ago and tested it along with the new GTM and a Beck Spider. We heard today that it was going to be in either the May or June issue. Jay, of Ultimate Kit Builders, accompanied the car out there and says they liked it alot. We'll just have to wait and see how the article comes out. We didn't get any numbers other than my car weighing 2360 lbs. (Damn heavy wheels and tires). I don't imagine the 1/4 mile times are going to be anything like the GTM, but out of the 3 cars, mine was the only one that didn't break the tires free in the corners. He also said the girls out at Firebird liked the Attack the best!

Nice

It's been five years and that's the first actual weight # I've seen.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it Rich, your car is looking great in the members gallery... You did some nice details on the car, but I don't know if I would have let anyone take it from me though for anything...hahahaha.....

Jeff

Comment

Update:

The July issue (released to news stands on June 1st) will have the article.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they like the car as much as I do!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich
          Update:

The July issue (released to news stands on June 1st) will have the article.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they like the car as much as I do!
          two months dude? SOOOOOOO long... can't they send u the article NOW since its your car?!?!?

Comment

Patience is a virtue cultivated by this car!!!

Comment

Patience is a virtue cultivated by this car!!!
              hahaha I know how that is... lets see March 2004 till now... still in the workz

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Car and Driver took my car out to Arizona a couple of weeks ago and tested it along with the new GTM and a Beck Spider. We heard today that it was going to be in either the May or June issue. Jay, of Ultimate Kit Builders, accompanied the car out there and says they liked it alot. We'll just have to wait and see how the article comes out. We didn't get any numbers other than my car weighing 2360 lbs. (Damn heavy wheels and tires). I don't imagine the 1/4 mile times are going to be anything like the GTM, but out of the 3 cars, mine was the only one that didn't break the tires free in the corners. He also said the girls out at Firebird liked the Attack the best!
                I disappeared from the forums for a while but I actually did go out to watch your car at Firebird. I got to ride in the back of the car & driver minivan while they were snapping some shots of it. I have a bunch of preview pics & videos of my own (one of what the cover will look like too) if you want them displayed let me know. Looks like a nice job you have on that one Im just curious how the weight was so much? Was that with the driver in?
                ~~Missing Attack Parts: emergency brakes, handles for glove box, mirrors for mirror housings & templates, Hood Latches, Engine Lid Latches~~

Comment

Hi,

I would love to get whatever you have. Either PM me to get other contact info, or post things, but I'd like to get them in whatever resolution you have.

How do you know it is going to be on the cover?

As far as the weight, I don't know if that was with a driver. I know that my wheels and tires weigh a ton, and I use very heavy gas (lol). There is also the AC and the stereo, but those are the only variables I can think of.

Thanks,
                  Rich

Comment

Car and Driver called yesterday and confirmed that the article is in the next issue!!

Hope they liked it!

Comment

Great! I can't wait to see it. So would that be the September issue?
                      Alex Lear
                      attackforums.com administrator

Comment

Yep,

Came out today.

Unfortunately the times they posted were terrible. They sort of explain it away by saying they broke my axle (defective part), but they only tested the 0-60, 100, quarter mile one time with the driver spinning the wheels. The second attempt he wheel hopped in second and snapped the axle. So the times they reported were not really a good reflection on the car. The rest of the article was fairly positive, and looked great. 5 pictures and 2 pages. I know there are politics with the other cars tested with mine because they failed to mention that the GTM blew it's transmission, and the Beck blew an engine. Both had to come back for testing. I'm not sure why they didn't retest my car, because the axle was repaired in about 2 hours with off the shelf parts. In fact, that was a big joke out there, the fact that they could just swap out parts from a local store and get it running again.

Oh well, I imagine either way there will be a renewed interest in the car with this type of publicity. Let me know what happens to the hits on the forum since it was listed in the article.

Talk to ya.

Rich

Comment

I would believe that the girls would be more attracted to the attack. It doesn't give me the impresstion as a "Mans car" like the GTM does.
                          When you hear enemy firing on your radio, you've got problems~!.

Pontiac Fiero 2M4(project)
                          Chevy Camaro 3.8 V6(Daily driver/Weekendwarrior for now)

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                            Yep,

Came out today.

Unfortunately the times they posted were terrible. They sort of explain it away by saying they broke my axle (defective part), but they only tested the 0-60, 100, quarter mile one time with the driver spinning the wheels. The second attempt he wheel hopped in second and snapped the axle. So the times they reported were not really a good reflection on the car. The rest of the article was fairly positive, and looked great. 5 pictures and 2 pages. I know there are politics with the other cars tested with mine because they failed to mention that the GTM blew it's transmission, and the Beck blew an engine. Both had to come back for testing. I'm not sure why they didn't retest my car, because the axle was repaired in about 2 hours with off the shelf parts. In fact, that was a big joke out there, the fact that they could just swap out parts from a local store and get it running again.

Oh well, I imagine either way there will be a renewed interest in the car with this type of publicity. Let me know what happens to the hits on the forum since it was listed in the article.

Talk to ya.

Rich
                            I finally had to register after lurking for so long and reading this post. WOW Yea, I have loved the Attack for a long time, bla bla bla. You know the story.

Anyway congrats on having your awesome car featured in one of the better publications about cars around. And thanks for revealing the truth about how it went down out there. I too was surprised about the numbers and how the other cars broke. WOW! Thanks for sharing this info and letting the people at C&D beat your car up a bit both physically and verbally.

One thing I want to see are cars tested with the same tires at the various car mags. 1.05 G for the GTM on race tires but how about on street tires?
                            www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

Working...
                            X