Windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield

Question about the windshield...what happens when you get a crack? Doesn't look like an easy change. Suggestions for mounting to accommodate replacement?

With a crack you can get it drilled to stop cracking further and glued (UV glass glue if I recall it right), if a crack is small.
    If you're going to change it just need to cut out the old one from the FG shell and glue in new one, just need a bit accuracy while doing it. Don't see where it is uneasy one. To my mind changing windshield on a daily car is more complex.

Comment

I maybe missing something or don't understand correctly.

Typical car has the glass all on one side of the car and windshield adhesive to keep it on.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture7.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	36544

Ours has both sides encapsulated by fiberglass. I am wondering how it would be possible to remove without cutting the fiberglass. Again, maybe I am misinformed.

Comment

That's interesting. You might have different frame glass holder. What I have is an L profile fiberglass frame.

Click image for larger version  Name:	21 PC200337.JPG Views:	0 Size:	172.7 KB ID:	36546

I just glue window from inside, easy as nothing. Then I put fiberglass frame on the metal frame, add some rubber inserts cut to place between glass and metal tube to have more points of contact and that's it.

Name:	window profile.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	36547

To replace it just need to go with knife around and you have the glass separate. Already changed one.

Comment

Here is what mine looks like

image widget

Comment

Originally posted by Electric SuperCar View Post
            Here is what mine looks like

image widget
            Photos broken, can't open them.

Comment

Let me try again

Name:	Capture17.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	36556

Comment

Yes, it is different. To my mind it will be harder to get it out if cracked, but not impossible. There is a wire type window cutter, but I haven't worked with it to say for sure.
                Or you can have a cut in fiberglass frame to change it. Anyway better to aviod it )))

For me it looks equal solutions in terms of it will hold better the way it is now, but harder to change out without need to repaint (you can cut frame when will be required to change). Or you can cut it now, paint it and have an easier change in future.

Comment

Working...
                X