X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk and roof

Hello,
    I am new here, and have a pair of questions:

I read in the K1 web that the car has a lot of space (car trunk), but watching videos and photos, I dont see space at all...has the K1 space for trunk? Where?.

On the other hand, I dont know how the roof system is. I have seen k1 without roof, and others with a little pice of roof with some pieces on top of the windows (I allways talking about the street version).
    Is the roof a extra, or all the K1 have the roof kit? And how do you put it on/off? I mean, if suddenly stars to rain?
    Thanks a lot!!

Attack has some storage space, but it's not a lot.

There is a glove box,
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2036.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	36496
    There is some proposed area behind the seats.

Name:	DSC01477-2.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	36495

There is some space under the hood area that can accept some box being trunk area, I've seen somewhere it's done.

Name:	y0AAAgOd9eA-960.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	36497

As to the roof - it is an extra option. It consists of 4 pieces: roof itself, behind the head piece where roof is resting once attached, 2 around the window door frames.
    For the roof there was 2 options long ago - 3 piece roof that can be disassembled and hidden under the hood, but you have to carry 3 other pieces attached in order to be ready to set up the roof. I recieved and it's only option right now as I understand- single piece roof and it's either you carry it while you're driving, or you leave at the garage, no way to set it up during unexpected rain.

Name:	DSC01372.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	36498

Name:	DSC01373.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	36499

Comment

Thank you!
      It seems that there is no space...maybe with a trunk area...do you have a picture from this?

About the roof, the 3 piece roof is the best way to set it up during an unexpected rain, but I dont know...

Thanks again for the info!

Comment

Found some more photos for storage space ideas. There is space under the hood, it can be used.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	acd445u-960.jpg Views:	0 Size:	939.9 KB ID:	36504

There is also space between the engine and rear bumper that can also be utilized for storage. Currently thinking about some lockable trunk.

Click image for larger version  Name:	simbol-design-k1-att-7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	215.2 KB ID:	36505

For the roof found a 3 piece roof from long ago.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.2 KB ID:	36508
        Click image for larger version  Name:	ex.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.1 KB ID:	36506
        Click image for larger version  Name:	fx.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.1 KB ID:	36507
        But haven't seen somebody installed it. It is designed to be stored under the hood while not installed as far as I recall.

Comment

Amazing info!
          Thanks!
          Do you have a K1? I dont know if any photo is from yours...
          Does your K1 have a trunk? And roof?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikel View Post
            Amazing info!
            Thanks!
            Do you have a K1? I dont know if any photo is from yours...
            Does your K1 have a trunk? And roof?
            Yes, I'm currently finishing a 10 years build, I'm a bit suffering from perfectionaism, not a K1 fault ))

post #2 has my photos except for third photo it's from internet, I have a bit diffirent layout.
            I don't have a trunk, yet. I'm planning to have some small storage box behind the engine, but not sure yet. I would need some space to be out of sight for storage.
            Roof set I have, but decided not to install it. The reason for this decision is simple, I have a 450 hp powerplant, RWD, light chasis - not a mixture you want to have on a wet road, so no drivable during rain. However I'm making a cockpit to be ready for water when it starts raining, not a good think though. And also I don't have it a full roof set, I miss side window frame parts.

Comment

10 years...wow...
              Do you have the progress in photos or videos in youtube or similar?
              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikel View Post
                10 years...wow...
                Do you have the progress in photos or videos in youtube or similar?
                Thanks!
                I have some description on the build and changes made to kit in my build thread - https://www.attackforums.com/forum/attack-forums/build/2739-vivo-s-build and have some blog on build on a local platform but it's in russian.

Comment

Working...
                X