Greetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

Hello, I'm dreaming of a K1 build, and decided to join the forums.

Haven't visited the K1 Attack website in a long time. It's very nice to see progression in layout and parts. Hoping to possibly start a K1 project sometime soon.
    I love to build and design parts... Built many cars in my day.

Was hoping to see more recent posts, and more posts in general. Guess if I start a build, I'll need to post all my progress here to help with the information.

Anyway, hope to hear from anyone who wishes to spark a conversation.
    Hope to talk soon,

Brian Kostrba / USA

My Czech Relative: https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Kostrba
    Attached Files
    Live... Love... DRIVE!!….:)

Hey Brian- Yea, there still aren't many of us K1 builders. There are one or two more that post to FB and I'm sure there are many more that just don't participate in social media but regardless, having a K1 is still very exclusive. Nothing like a boring cobra build. :-P

What part of the states are you located in?
    www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

Hey Dis1,

Glad to hear from you... I agree, why build something that everyone else has. That's pretty much the way I make my car choices. I like my stuff to be different.

I'm located on the west coast in OREGON state...… Where are you located?

Here is one of my special cars.. 1991 300zx Twin Turbo, with 36K original miles!
      She looks stock, but she has been upgraded to Stage II, running about 450hp @ 16PSI boost.
      Also two of my Datsun/Nissan Zcars I build during my business Z Car Customs.
      I got tired of building everyone elses cars, so I stopped the business. I just do a few things here and there when I want to now.
      Still have all my parts Molds for IMSA racing body kit and Gnose.

Here are some of the cars I've built for customersl.
      Attached Files

Comment

Very cool! You sound like a true builder and would probably do well on a K1 kit.

My fleet seems to distract me from my K1 more than it should. I have a 3rd gen Rx-7, a VehiCross and my daily is a Tiburon.

Back in the day of Japanese sports cars, the 7, 300 and Supra were the real deal. I loved reading all the shootouts in various import mags back then.

Alas, I'm east coast, MD.
        www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

So where are you in your build?
          Look me up on FB.. I wan to follow you.
          Also would like to ask questions... My first being, What are your impression of the kit when you received it?
          Also. I'm 6'2", and a 200lbs.. Think I'll have any issues with fit? Click image for larger version

Name:	211.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	36324

Comment

Originally posted by K1DREAM View Post

Hello, I'm dreaming of a K1 build, and decided to join the forums.

Haven't visited the K1 Attack website in a long time. It's very nice to see progression in layout and parts. Hoping to possibly start a K1 project sometime soon.
            I love to build and design parts... Built many cars in my day.

Was hoping to see more recent posts, and more posts in general. Guess if I start a build, I'll need to post all my progress here to help with the information.

Anyway, hope to hear from anyone who wishes to spark a conversation.
            Hope to talk soon,

Brian Kostrba / USA

My Czech Relative: https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Kostrba
            Welcome! Glad to have another builder joining the forum. I am in SLC, UT. I decided to go electric with my K1. This is definitely not an easy kit, but it is about the journey, right? Good luck with your build.

Comment

Originally posted by K1DREAM View Post
              So where are you in your build?
              Look me up on FB.. I wan to follow you.
              Also would like to ask questions... My first being, What are your impression of the kit when you received it?
              Also. I'm 6'2", and a 200lbs.. Think I'll have any issues with fit? Click image for larger version

Name:	211.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	36324
              You will find my build in the build section. I have made almost zero progress lately.

My impressions when I received the kit? Well I bought a disaster of a kit from a guy on eBay. Got a great deal but it changed hands several times and somebody tried to splash it, which means copy it for production. I had to take it all apart and start over. It was missing parts too. Mine is also one of the original from the old days. These days K1 has a new owner that is doing a lot to refine the kit and offer a ton more options so I wouldn't take anything of my comments in to consideration.

Will you fit? Well I'm 6' with abnormally long legs. I look like an old pasty white version of Steve Urkel. I fit fine. With no rear seat and a custom build I think these cars are pretty good for fitment but I'm just one guy. I will say that view of the road is really important to me. The K1 delivers in the department, unlike the F5 GTM. That thing is horrible to drive, which is why I think a lot of guys sell them after they finish the build. As another point of reference, the 300Z is another poor driving position car in my opinion. Very poor view of the road and not a joy to drive in my opinion. I think you will find that the K1 provides a completely different driving experience. Anyway, just some random thoughts. The 300Z is a great car overall so not trying to put it down.
              www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

Originally posted by Electric SuperCar View Post

Welcome! Glad to have another builder joining the forum. I am in SLC, UT. I decided to go electric with my K1. This is definitely not an easy kit, but it is about the journey, right? Good luck with your build.
                Thanks for the warm welcome.. I'm glad to be getting some responses from you guys. Was hoping just needed a bit of a spur. lol
                Yes, Most of the fun is figuring out how to reach the goal.

I've subscribed to your Youtube, and will be trying o catch up with your posts. Look forward to watching.

Keep in touch
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by dis1 View Post

You will find my build in the build section. I have made almost zero progress lately.

My impressions when I received the kit? Well I bought a disaster of a kit from a guy on eBay. Got a great deal but it changed hands several times and somebody tried to splash it, which means copy it for production. I had to take it all apart and start over. It was missing parts too. Mine is also one of the original from the old days. These days K1 has a new owner that is doing a lot to refine the kit and offer a ton more options so I wouldn't take anything of my comments in to consideration.

Will you fit? Well I'm 6' with abnormally long legs. I look like an old pasty white version of Steve Urkel. I fit fine. With no rear seat and a custom build I think these cars are pretty good for fitment but I'm just one guy. I will say that view of the road is really important to me. The K1 delivers in the department, unlike the F5 GTM. That thing is horrible to drive, which is why I think a lot of guys sell them after they finish the build. As another point of reference, the 300Z is another poor driving position car in my opinion. Very poor view of the road and not a joy to drive in my opinion. I think you will find that the K1 provides a completely different driving experience. Anyway, just some random thoughts. The 300Z is a great car overall so not trying to put it down.
                  No offense here man.. I understand that everyone has opinions ( and your allowed to!! lol ), so i don't take any offense. In fact I agree... The 300 does have a low windshield line, and side view is really limited. I just make sure I don't let anyone get next to me, or in front of me. LMAO!!! Car is great for that. LOL

I have done a lot of FRP work, as I have many molds of Early Datsun race cars, and worked on many personal projects. Sounds like they had no idea what they were doing.
                  I did notice in going back to the Attack site, that things had changed. I notice a lot of more details in parts and more options. I didn't know it had changed owners.... Who owns it now?

Comment

Originally posted by Electric SuperCar View Post

When did you get your kit?... its more recent, so what was your impressions of the kit when received?

Comment

A guy named Petr owns it now. Great guy. He had some personal issues recently so is a little behind on his work but should be getting back to things soon. His site: https://www.b-racing.cz/en/ and https://www.k1-attack.com/.
                      www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

A guy named Petr owns it now. Great guy. He had some personal issues recently so is a little behind on his work but should be getting back to things soon. His site: https://www.b-racing.cz/en/ and https://www.k1-attack.com/.
                        I didn't realize there were two sites. I was only on the K1-attack site. I'll check out the other site.

I hope you don't mind me asking a bunch of questions guys...... One I want to ask now is the following.

I'm a bit confused with the new "complete" kit version. I don't understand how i can get two different prices at the end of the total depending how i build the car.
                        So simple yes/no answer will work if you don't want to be more specific.

So with the new "Complete" kits:

Do you get the adjustable shocks?
                        Choice of 4-6 piston brakes?
                        Do you get the radiator kit?
                        Seats: are those included? with padding?..... If so, do you get a choice of std, or the XL.

I don't see much detailed info regarding half shafts and the connections to the drive hubs....Do you get all the components to connect half shafts to drive hubs/ uprights?

Can the race tail be used on the street version?

This is the first of my questions when I looked over building the car on the website.
                        Thanks peeps.!!

Comment

I think it best that Petr answer these types of questions but I'll tell you what I know. You can also see options in the ordering process, step 4.

Shocks: I'm not sure what Petr uses for shocks. Likely he outsources shocks. The kit does include them though. The ones I have are not adjustable and from what I hear, junk. Again, they are from an original K1 kit, not one from Petr.
                          Brakes: I know Petr offers several brake options but the basic version is from the donor car. I upgraded mine, see my build thread.
                          Radiator: Again from the donor but the pipes are included with the kit as far as I know. There are two routing options, through the center or along one of the sides.
                          Seats: Yes, included with pads. Not sure on sizing but I will say that the seats are the most beautiful works of art I have ever seen in an automotive seat. I strongly suggest the carbon fiber ones to really show off the art. Comfortable too.
                          Suspension: Again from the donor for the most part. Spacers for the rear are generally required for the Accord based kit unless you get crazy wheels.
                          Race tail: Do you mean the wing or the rear hood? Either way I'd imagine yes. I bought the vented rear race hood from Petr. A little thin but really cool. I also have one of the original roof kits, which are super rare.
                          www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

I think it best that Petr answer these types of questions but I'll tell you what I know. You can also see options in the ordering process, step 4.

Shocks: I'm not sure what Petr uses for shocks. Likely he outsources shocks. The kit does include them though. The ones I have are not adjustable and from what I hear, junk. Again, they are from an original K1 kit, not one from Petr.
                            Brakes: I know Petr offers several brake options but the basic version is from the donor car. I upgraded mine, see my build thread.
                            Radiator: Again from the donor but the pipes are included with the kit as far as I know. There are two routing options, through the center or along one of the sides.
                            Seats: Yes, included with pads. Not sure on sizing but I will say that the seats are the most beautiful works of art I have ever seen in an automotive seat. I strongly suggest the carbon fiber ones to really show off the art. Comfortable too.
                            Suspension: Again from the donor for the most part. Spacers for the rear are generally required for the Accord based kit unless you get crazy wheels.
                            Race tail: Do you mean the wing or the rear hood? Either way I'd imagine yes. I bought the vented rear race hood from Petr. A little thin but really cool. I also have one of the original roof kits, which are super rare.
                            My seats did not come with pads. In my experience, you cannot over-communicate enough. there were several shortcomings from my expectations, so make sure that you over-communicate and ask questions, like you are doing.

Comment

Hey Brian- Yea, there still aren't many of us K1 builders. There are one or two more that post to FB and I'm sure there are many more that just don't participate in social media but regardless, having a K1 is still very exclusive. Nothing like a boring cobra build. :-P

What part of the states are you located in?
                              Unfortunately, you don't know how right you are. There are many builders who work on their project at home in silence and do not want publicity, they do not like social networks, etc. I have messages from the owners, I have photos of completed cars and fully respect their position. About 50 K-1 projects are currently being built.
                              http://www.b-racing.cz/en/

Comment

Working...
                              X