Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric SuperCar

Hey all,

It looks like this forum is not used much, but I may reach out from time to time to get some advice. I have finally received my kit and have started working on it. My goal is to finish the K1 kit with a Tesla drive train. I started a YouTube channel to document my efforts.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-U...TGAO5APsfuT9uw
    Feel free to follow along and give me advice.

Electric SuperCar

Welcome and congrats on the kit! Where are you located?

It's an ambitious build doing electric. Has Petr given you and pointers on how to mount the drive-train? What sort of previous experience do you have?
    www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

Located in Utah, USA

I have been working closely with Petr. I have all of the measurements for mounting the drive train. Hopefully things go well.

Comment

Congrats on the purchase and good luck on the build! Wanted to let you know that there is a forum member watching your videos. Interested to see how the kit goes together and how you tackle getting the electric drivetrain into the build.

Comment

Thanks. I will need all the help I can get. Electric drive train is on order, still waiting for delivery.

Comment

Hi Electric SuperCar,

I saw all your videos, nice job already performed.

I've one question for you: What modele/reference of electric drive train from tesla did you purchase?

I'm realy interested to build an electric K1 but not sure it's faisable...

Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric SuperCar View Post
              Thanks. I will need all the help I can get. Electric drive train is on order, still waiting for delivery.
              I also noticed in your videos youíve mentioned repeatedly that you donít have the build manual. Whatís up with that? Are we supposed to be left to figure out the kit without help? How long until you gat the manual.

Comment

There never was a build manual created by the original creators of the K1 Attack, just an instructional video w/o audio. The new owner of the business and manufacturing, Petr, might be creating a manual but I don't know. I know I'd love to have one!
                www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

Originally posted by dis1 View Post
                  There never was a build manual created by the original creators of the K1 Attack, just an instructional video w/o audio. The new owner of the business and manufacturing, Petr, might be creating a manual but I don't know. I know I'd love to have one!
                  Well thatís extremely disheartening. Iím decent with most things around a car, but I would really appreciate a manual when working on any sort of vehicle. I will not that there is a build manual option on the new B-Racing website. I inquired about purchasing it separately to see what kind of build challenges I was in for. Makes sense why I havenít gotten a response. Maybe heís still working on it. I purchased a GTM manual a few years ago to see if I had the skills to do it. Anything I wasnít comfortable with, I would start practicing on. My wiring has improved a ton from what it was. Been looking at a lot of resources and working on my current project car.

Comment

Derf, I have sourced the rear subframe (motor, control arms, brakes) from a Tesla Model S (P - performance version). I have it on order from EV West. I had Petr give me a lot of frame measurements before purchasing and I got the Tesla dimensions from GrabCad. Everything should fit. I will need to add new mounting points to the frame and may need to adjust the suspension points on the frame as well. Depending on the wheels that I can get, I may need to flare out the rear fenders as well.

I am obviously blazing a new trail here. It may be doomed to failure, but I am having a great time doing it.

Comment

Ruff Ryder, I had asked some questions up front before purchasing the kit about the manual. The responses I received were "The manual is very detailed" and I asked if I could have a copy prior to the shipment so that I could best prepare for the build. I kept getting reassurances that the manual would be sent within a few days. I think I am learning that they are in the process of creating a manual. Petr has been good to work with, but this aspect is frustrating.

Comment

A thought for battery placement...the large channels that run along either side of the car length wise between the front and rear tires. This seems like it might be a good place for battery locations, right? Any draw backs?
                        Attached Files

Comment

You will probably need to sprinkle them in various places. The fuel tank location is another spot.
                          www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

Tesla motor is in!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190730_193135.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	36123

Comment

Working...
                              X