No announcement yet.

EV Attack project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great! That is very kind of you. Let me know how to pay too when you send some pics. PayPal is best for me if you have that. I can do other ways as well though.
    www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

• Side Pods ....

Originally posted by Tapanga View Post
      Hi, I don't have much as all I got with my K1 was a frame and body work every thing right down to the suspension and brakes I have had to replace, All the panels like the fuel filler and a few other odd bits you can have just pay the postage.

I will send some pictures.

Alex
      ~~~~~~~~~~~
      Do you have any pix of the side pod areas of your later version car... specifically the access panels I believe they now have [or to be able to get to where your batteries will be located??]. Or am I dreaming? I'd like to have some way to 'store' some gear to be able to travel, and a few threads mentioned accessing these areas. I have seen a 'trunk' area finished off on a few cars in Europe, but that usually included enlarging the rear deck assembly to access the area under the 'spoiler/wing'; something I could also do, but would like to get the additional weight OFF the rear end].
      Like to see other pix of your build too, if you have them posted somewhere....
      Best Regards...
      Bob

Comment

• I'll request just the opposite for the pictures I requested. :-) No need to send me pics. Just throw the stuff in a box and let me know what I owe you for shipping. It will just be a surprise when I get them, just like how things were when I was a kid at Christmas.
        www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Tapanga View Post
          Hi, I don't have much as all I got with my K1 was a frame and body work every thing right down to the suspension and brakes I have had to replace, All the panels like the fuel filler and a few other odd bits you can have just pay the postage.

I will send some pictures.

Alex

Chuck and Bob;

I was in the UK a couple weeks ago and helping Alex with the EV Attack build.

I was completely amazed at how many differences there were in his production (Ford) Attack panels, as compared to our kit Attack (Honda).

Nothing from Alex's (Tapanga) build can be repurposed over to our kit cars. Seriously Sorry guys. Yes, it looks like an Attack, except it's built of completely different panel components. Even the door hinges and structure are different (no surprise there huh!).
          It would be a waste of Alex's time, and your shipping cost to send over the few panel pieces he didn't need.

Some of the differences were clearly improvements to the shortcomings I encountered in the bodywork, and build. And others made absolutely no sense for the changes. I suspected some of the odd panel and fitting changes were for manufacturability reasons alone.

On the positive side; Alex has made contact with the fellow in Slovenia who has possession of the molds for the original Honda kit car. If you have panels or missing pieces, Alex may be able to facilitate a contact with this person, or PM his contact information.

Regards, Jeff

Comment

• Thats too bad about the panels but very exciting to hear that you went over there and helped with the project. I'd love to see the ford version up close and personal.

Also interesting is that the original molds are located. Kinda ironic that I spent tons of time and effort tracking down replacements for my missing parts and just got the last one a few days ago. No worries though, what I have is fine. I believe the only thing I'm missing now is the center floor panel.
            www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

• Tapanga's build status finally updated - WOW!

Following a monumental effort to complete the UK EV Attack build, it arrived on schedule to the 2011 Goodwood Festival of Speed.

The highly modified production Attack, assembled as a high performance Electric Vehicle, is named EVELIO

The car was an outstanding success and drew crowds of admiring fans.
              Even the Tesla owners were putting some stink on the car (whilst at the same time admiring it). The EVELIO is already scheduled for a series of upcoming events. I'll post more as details and testing are completed.

The EV crowd has begun posting EVELIO sightings at Goodwood in their blogs.

FWIW, Dick Kvetňanský had no involvement in the development of this car.

Regards, Jeff

Comment

• That's very exciting! Its great to see another Attack completed, though I guess this one is the production version modified. Regardless it is awesome.

I can't seem to get in to the pictures though. I even created an account. I'm really interested to see some of the details especially with the roof and lights.

BTW its great to see that you are still involved Jeff.
                www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

• Jeff's K1 ....

hey Jeff~~~~
                  ran across this video recently & think it shows your K1 [I think] completed.........
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6DuP...eature=related
                  hope all is well w/you!!!

getting ready for the summer car show/gatherings circuit here in CO.... one maybe this weekend!!
                  take care... Bob

Comment

• Hi Bob, Thanks for the forward on the youtube link.

I enjoyed the commentary by the bumpkin

It appears the EV Attack is only a static display. Easier to clean the bugs off.
                    Looks exactly the same as when it was loaded into the transporter 08-2010.
                    It was shipped minus the 3120 cell A123 Systems battery pack, which went to Alex in the UK for his Evelio project.

Regards, Jeff

Comment

• Evelio Electric Attack in Spain with Quimera

Alex was in Spain with the Evelio to promote a drifting event there with Quimera.

As a recap, the Evelio is built on the production Ford chassis, using an AC propulsion motor / battery management system, with 24kwhr of A123 Lithium Iron Phosphate cells powering it. The audio portion of the run includes the familiar whine of the variable frequency AC drive system.

Personally, I view "drifting" as a Saudi contact sport, as they regularly fling their compatriots out the windows, and mow down fields of spectators when flipping of of control

Alex had noted that part of the preparation involved stripping the interior from the car, so it appears a bit sparton inside.

Here's a youtube link with details in Spanish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71_rfnVMWd8

Regards, Jeff

Comment

Working...
                      X