Front knuckle fitment issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front knuckle fitment issue

The front knuckle is supposed to clamp onto another machined keyed clamp which is used to attach the upper control arm:

Click image for larger version

Name:	front_knuckle.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	749.5 KB
ID:	36912
    (from documentation build pics)

However the cylinder is way too large for a slip fit and likely too large for a press fit to even be inserted into the knuckle (~90 thou, or 2.2mm !!!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8810.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	36913 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8798.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	36914Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8808.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	36915

I've attempted to pry open the knuckle some in order to accept the upper control arm clamp, but without success. And I don't really think this is the solution.

Has the keyed clamp not been machined to a proper dimension?

How have you installed this part into the knuckle?

Electric SuperCar
    N00b -take it easy on me.
    Electric SuperCar I saw in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtay2IUGA84 around time 3:56 that you performed some prying operation while someone else "pounded". You also mentioned "getting some grease on it". Was that purposeful to lubricated the cylinder?

Comment

Sorry, mine came pre-assembled because I bought my kit half built on eBay.

Are both sides like this? Try prying it and then pounding the part together. Add some grease.
      www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

Hi Red Barchetta,

I will check mine for measurements, I've assembled it easily, tight fit but without press required. To my opinion cylinder is machined wrong. Will give measurements.

Comment

Ok, measured, mine are 49,5mm in diameter. So the guess is right, you need to machine it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Vivo
            Vivo Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
            X