Clear All

• Fuel Tank Guessing Game

My fuel cell looks like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8618.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	36888
    The 2005 Acura TSX (the donor for my engine, transmission, ECU, wiring harness, etc.) fuel pump & sending unit doesn't fit.

Name:	IMG_8617.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	36889

Nor does the 96-97 Honda Accord fuel pump.

Name:	IMG_8616.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	3.04 MB
ID:	36890

I know @ElectricSuperCar can't help here... but can anyone else please tell me what fuel pump / sending unit fits this damn thing? I am so tired of playing guessing games with this collection of undocumented parts I have received.

Sorry for the issues! Yes, these cars do require a lot of work. They aren't like a jigsaw puzzle with all of the pieces neatly fitting together. Petr is improving things over time but hasn't focused much on instructions yet. In this case you might have received a tank for a different donor car by mistake.

Anyway your tank is a good bit different than mine. Yours has a nice ring with holes for the pump. Mine just has two big oles there, though one is for the pump from a 90-93 Accord. I tried to look at all of the kit donor cars and their pump assemblies for one that matches the 8 holes but didn't have luck, though the Toyota Mr2 kit might be the one. Again, you might need to ask Petr. The other option would be to simply cut the thing off, weld another AL plate on there and then cut the proper sized hole for whatever pump assembly you want to use. I did this for the fuel level sender that I'm planning to use. Due to the odd shape of the tank, any factory sender you use won't be linear.
    www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

Looks a bit strange, can't find what pump it is ready for. I also had strange holes and ended up cutting AL plate to accomodate pump (accord 90-93 + walbro upgrade). Don't forget some notch for rubber ring for better sealing.

Name:	image_1041.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	36894

As for fuel level sender used dip pipe - https://www.attackforums.com/forum/a...8808#post28808
      Works good.

Comment

Working...
      X