https://youtu.be/LOKl0URmPOk

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	36439

Comment

• Moving forward, it is good.
      ))) in opposite to you I got hardware and mounting holes, but no door handles.

About the speaker mounting, I'm not pro in that, but to my mind speakers should be as much solid mounted as the can be. Usually they make plywood mounting ring and deadglue it to place. Just a thought.

And for shifter leds go for arduino, it is a good solution.

Comment

• Thanks Vivo!

Comment

• Working on the door mechanical locks

https://youtu.be/vqi89gxxOdc

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	36451

Comment

• Another great video! Still watching it now but couldn't help noticing how you were grinding the latch pull directly over your drink. :-P
            www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

• So another question is why didn't you drill out the nut and then put a lock nut on the end to keep it on for the exterior handle? I see a few issues with your approach: the fiberglass covering a single nut seems like it may break over time and the bolt you placed in to the nut may work itself out over time. The idea of simply drilling out the nut is not only better but a lot easier.
              www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

• Originally posted by dis1 View Post
                So another question is why didn't you drill out the nut and then put a lock nut on the end to keep it on for the exterior handle? I see a few issues with your approach: the fiberglass covering a single nut seems like it may break over time and the bolt you placed in to the nut may work itself out over time. The idea of simply drilling out the nut is not only better but a lot easier.
                Thanks for the insights. 1st, not my drink. I use a cup of water to cool things down when grinding. LOL

I think you are right. Drilling out the nut would have probably been a better approach. Too bad there is not a manual to say how any of this stuff is supposed to work.

Comment

• My first try at car interior vinyl

https://youtu.be/_OCPffCo468

Name:	Capture6.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	654.8 KB
ID:	36467

Comment

• Finishing up some car interior vinyl

https://youtu.be/vB3MXVwUVdw

Name:	Capture8.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	560.5 KB
ID:	36493

Comment

• Nice work, very nice, the progress is very rapid.
                      How you are goind to feed defrost vents with air? Is there some underdash tricky vent part? I went with round vent louvers to be feeded with vent hoses.
                      And that fiberglass panel that you've showed for passenger footwell, I don't recognize it. Did you try to attach it? It looks like driver footwell panel but reflected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vivo View Post
                        Nice work, very nice, the progress is very rapid.
                        How you are goind to feed defrost vents with air? Is there some underdash tricky vent part? I went with round vent louvers to be feeded with vent hoses.
                        And that fiberglass panel that you've showed for passenger footwell, I don't recognize it. Did you try to attach it? It looks like driver footwell panel but reflected.
                        Still figuring out the air system. I put the defrost vents in for future use. They may end up being decorations if I can't figure it out. The fiberglass panel for the passenger footwell may be different than yours. When I ordered my kit, I ordered the electric version, and I believe the gas version has the gas tank in between the passenger and the front hood compartment. So anyway, I have a few different panels for the passenger side I believe. I am not certain though. I did attach it, so I think it should be good.

Comment

• Nice work as always. I'd suggest looking at your state's regulations for passing kit car inspection. I believe some require windshield defogger so if you decide to make them decoration only, be warned it might come back to bite you. :-)
                          www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

• Finishing up door locks

https://youtu.be/bK1qvC2AVK4

Name:	Capture thumbnail2.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	597.0 KB
ID:	36519

Comment

• Great solution on the binding door handle! Can you share what you bought and from where? I think you mentioned bicycle parts? Sorry but I'm just not familiar with it and I think I'd like to copy what you did here.
                              www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

• Disclaimer, I don't know what I am doing, and if you copy me it might be a bad idea.

I ordered some bike brake and shift cables from Amazon
                                https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                                Really cheap to try. Not sure how B-racing does it, but man, my interior door handles were so tight and hard to move with the original door lock cable assembly, I thought I was going to break the handle.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X