Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric SuperCar Build

Hey all,

It looks like this forum is not used much, but I may reach out from time to time to get some advice. I have finally received my kit and have started working on it. My goal is to finish the K1 kit with a Tesla drive train. I started a YouTube channel to document my efforts.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-U...TGAO5APsfuT9uw
    Feel free to follow along and give me advice.

Electric SuperCar

Hi and welcome,

Going EV is a very nice choise, I also thought about it but was and still not ready to go this way, still study EV
    Couple of major question
    - what engine specs are you planning -Torque, HP, voltage, AC or DC setup? -K1 frame is calculated to withstand 450hp, not sure on the torque number. There is a reinforced version for 560hp as far as I recall, what frame do you have?
    - what battery you are planning? how many kWh, used Tesla blocks or new? other brand? Cooling for battery block - air, liquid? Battery management Tesla?
    - brakes - energy recuperation? ABS, other electronic help systems?

Watched youtube videos, if you continue this way it would be awesome.

Comment

The engine (electric motor) will we the rear drive unit from a Tesla S Performance model. This is a DC setup (400V). The horsepower rating for the motor is 455kW (610 hp). With the controller I have I will likely set the Max horsepower to ~400. I was not aware that there were multiple frame options. I worked with Petr and let him know my plans before ordering, so I hope the frame is capable. I will need to do some frame fabrication to mount the drive train anyway so I could reinforce then if needed. The batteries I was planning on the LG Chem 16S 2.6kWh Battery and have 12 of them (6 each in series). This would give me about 30kWh. I am planning on ~100 mile range. These would be new batteries. I am planning to start out with air cooling for the batteries and see if I need to add liquid cooling. I am planning on a different (not Tesla) battery management system. There will be regenerative braking. I am not currently planning on ABS but the bearings are set up so that I can add this later if I choose to.

Comment

Working...
      X