Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 Melbourne Australia

Hello all.

I bought a kit from Petr about three years ago and had to put off the build till now.

I am about to start again. My engine is the K24 from the honda Accord Euro (Australian ver).

So I have a question. Has anyone found that the floor plate that Petr provides is very VERY heavy. The composite plate is hard to lift for one person. I would like to make my own out of Carbon fibre + Divinylcell core.

I am looking to to do a wet lay up for the top sheet and bottom sheet (200g per square metre) add the foam (10mm, chmafered edges between the steel chasiss cross members ) and then vacuum bag the whole thing.

Let me know what you think?

Also, has anyone had issues with the k24 honda 2006 chassis where the right brace curves around the engine. Mine was too high and was pushing the body shell up. The engine cover was not seated properly.

I had to slice off a section then cut out a piece of sheet metal and TIG weld it in. Am I the only one with this issue?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1822_I forum.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	36034

Name:	IMG_1826 forum.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	36035

Name:	IMG_1827 forum.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	36036

Comment

Hi Gus- I have one of the original kits, pre Petr. The floor parts I have are of honeycomb construction and pretty light. I can't comment on what Petr offers. I can say that I'm missing the large center piece though so if you end up buying something, please post. I'm looking to buy something as well.
      www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

Originally posted by GusBiz View Post
        Hello all.

I bought a kit from Petr about three years ago and had to put off the build till now.

I am about to start again. My engine is the K24 from the honda Accord Euro (Australian ver).

So I have a question. Has anyone found that the floor plate that Petr provides is very VERY heavy. The composite plate is hard to lift for one person. I would like to make my own out of Carbon fibre + Divinylcell core.

I am looking to to do a wet lay up for the top sheet and bottom sheet (200g per square metre) add the foam (10mm, chmafered edges between the steel chasiss cross members ) and then vacuum bag the whole thing.

Let me know what you think?
        Hi Gus,

I'm glad you're back in your project. Great!

Your questions:

Main passenger floor is very strong for two reasons:

1) floor is reinforced in the crew area (designed for a direct load of a standing person with 120 kg)

2) fast ride creates a vacuum under your vehicle. It helps your car push down on the road and your car has still perfect driving characteristics.

It is a big panel and it is necessary to withstand this loads.

Of course, you can make your own - a lighter floor version. It depends on how much you plan weight saving on your project. From my perspektive, weight saving will be in range few kgs and the weight in this area of ​​the car is desirable for the behavior of the car.
        http://www.b-racing.cz/en/

Comment

Originally posted by GusBiz View Post
          Also, has anyone had issues with the k24 honda 2006 chassis where the right brace curves around the engine. Mine was too high and was pushing the body shell up. The engine cover was not seated properly.

I had to slice off a section then cut out a piece of sheet metal and TIG weld it in. Am I the only one with this issue?

If I remember correctly, your frame was designed for K24 engine + compressor. The area you are describing was produced for atmosferic K24 version and additionally moddified (enlarged) for compressor use. Unfortunately, there are more compressor manufacturers (body sizes). In order to avoid collision, it is possible that the space under the tube has been increased too much. If so, we're sorry.

So, to answer your question, this issue can not relate to other frames. For customers working with compressor we've modified the entire rear section (new position support tubes).

I see you are a skilled man and you work with precision. In any case, I would advise to install engine with all the accessories to the frame first and verify the correct position of the main body. It is necessary to use rear wheel arches, which define the position of the rear body (lift it up).
          http://www.b-racing.cz/en/

Comment

Working...
          X