Ansa build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ansa build

Well after years looking at this car finally saved enough penny's to buy it loved styling of the K1 attack but i was alway worried difficultly in building it as not highly skilled but i thought lets have a go anyway up to now i can safely say B racing has done great job with this Kit still early stages but good quality here some work done up to now
    Attached Files

here more photo also any suggest or help on how best to fit seats and fuel tank etc would be much appreciated
    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on the buy and welcome back to the forum! Looks like you are already making good progress. I can't help much on fitment of seats or fuel tank as I'm not that far along but I do have some posts on fuel level sender in my build thread that you might be interested in.
      www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

Ansa congrats on start of the build. You will find this kit interesting to test and teach you some engineering skills.

From what I see from photos is that kit was modified from what Dick originally was sending - different front lower arms and their mounting places. Different front wall panels, it is RHD but still different. Different pedal attachment points and same bracket above pedals.

For seat assembly you can see my build thread about seats attachment - https://www.attackforums.com/forum/a...8817#post28817
        first 2 photos are for drivers seat so it can travel front and back when adjusted with minor modified Accord seat rail (more description in the link above)
        third one is for passenger seat that stays in place

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01709.JPG Views:	1 Size:	38.0 KB ID:	35846Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01708.JPG Views:	1 Size:	58.3 KB ID:	35847Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01710.JPG Views:	1 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	35848

For fuel tank you would need weld some holding brackets to attach to the frame and some adapters to accept fuel pump and fuel level sender as dis1 mentioned
        Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01675.JPG Views:	1 Size:	34.5 KB ID:	35849

Also think about some mods I've made - steering column geometry for active pedal working if needed, ABS if needed.
        Also a big headache for me is cooling pipes, I had it remade 3 times and still unsure yet if it is final.

But anyway it is fun assembling K1. Good luck on your build.

Comment

Vivo thank you for your advice much appreciated i been watching your build for a few years just fitted hand brake leaver i modified to accept adjustable cable as mr2 one did not have adjuster on hand brake but under car also fitted gear leaver this needed cutting down to fit gap on k1 attack i used mr2 standard hand brake cable just cut them down put new ends on once correct length also fitted power steering electric motor and bottle upto now very easy long way to go ,
          Attached Files

Comment

here more photo
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow, great stuff! This is the first good pictures I have seen of a Mr2 build.

The electric power steering is interesting. Is that a electric pump or other? Got any pictures of this?

I'm also interested in how the parking brake works at the brake side. The Honda Accord design used a 2nd small caliper for the parking brake with huge brackets. A silly design but done for getting the goal done without a complex new solution. So how does the Mr2 emergency/parking brake work?
              www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

it electric pump for pumping fluid to power steering rack
                cable just pull original caliper brackets works perfectly
                Attached Files

Comment

look carefully i used original mr2 cable mount brackets
                  Attached Files

Comment

Oh that's right, because the Mr2 is originally rear engine so the axles and brakes aren't from the front. Silly me...
                    www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

Working...
                    X