Vivo's Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B-racing View Post
    Why these big gaps? Have you modified your rear body for big turbo exhaust pipes?
    Yep, been playing with exhaust manifold, before that with hinges. So I end up with current gaps to take care and fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivo View Post

Yep, been playing with exhaust manifold, before that with hinges. So I end up with current gaps to take care and fix.
      Ok, I understand. I think the problem will be just the middle hole. Rollbars covers are missing on the photo and it will solve the outer holes.

I think there will be another beautiful K-1 car soon!
      http://www.b-racing.cz/en/

Comment

Finally I've entered the phase when I feel the car already at fingertips, almost done and soon I finally can enjoy the ride ))

Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	35911Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	35912
        Almost finished the paint job, I would say a good prep works solves all my mistakes with the body. All the gaps corrected, issues solved, paint done.

Name:	10.jpg
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	35913Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	35914

Now I'm moving to final stage of assembly, interior design and final engine tuning (need to get to target 450 hp, current 260 hp on flywheel due to faulty distributor).

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	35915

So I expect in 2 month time start shooting video on the streets and some tasty photos.

And I would say this stages are worth of almost 9 years of lazy build, skills increasing learning, rethinking of some technical design put in the car, countless friends comments like "why do you need it?" or "why are doing it? You can buy finished car on the market from big car manufacturers". You are sitting at home watching new photos of the finishing work done by professionals and thinking that you and your will to carry on finally born a new car, with exact vision of how you want it. So it's not about what you can buy, it's about what you can build and I like it...

Comment

Vivo looking awesome well done good see your nearly completed your build

Comment

Great stuff. Dive it over my way so you can show me that a lazy person like me can get this done. :-)
            www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

Going forward, step by step. Expecting in a month time major works to be finished and finally I can enjoy it )))

Since last post went through 3 major steps forward:

1. Finished paint jobs minor works, started and almost finished interior (small bits and buttons remain).
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Post 01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	73.9 KB ID:	35976

2. I finally got through registration and received license plate and road legal registration. It's a big jump for the project as locally it is hard to get in line with law when it is forbidden to have kit cars or highly modified cars.

3. Fixed issues with lack of spark on high revs and boost. It appeared that Honda OEM distributor performs better on high end setups turbo the MSD or other aftermarket parts. Now I have 346 hp on wheels and 407 at the flywheel at 0,7 bar (10 PSI) boost. Some problem with solenoid remains that doesn't let smooth higher the 10 PSI, it jumps strait to 20 PSI. So fixing this will give desired 450 HP at the flywheel.

Name:	Post 02.jpg
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	35981

So we're almost rolling )))

Issues still remains - viper arm that I want to go under the hood when not operating, it is not an engineering issue, it is and art search I would say.
              And the doors - I have linear actuators and button control for it, which I don't like, so going to have an electronic flight control for all the buttons, doors, hood, bonnet, glove box and etc... But during winter upgrade...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Post 03.jpg Views:	1 Size:	239.8 KB ID:	35979

But still all the remaining issues would be done after I enjoy summer ride ))))

Comment

Wow, great progress! I'm a little surprised that you have such large holes cut in the dash for air vents though.
                www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

Originally posted by dis1 View Post
                  Wow, great progress! I'm a little surprised that you have such large holes cut in the dash for air vents though.
                  Thanks! Dash holes are for standard Ford air vents which I like ))

Comment

Hi guys,

I've been out for some time but still checking on the updates, hope you progressing more then you post.
                    My build had some lazy moves forward and is almost finished. Here are some recent photos.

Name:	index 2.jpg
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	35998

Name:	index 4.jpg
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	35999

Name:	index 3.jpg
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	36000

Name:	index.jpg
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	36001

Name:	index 5.jpg
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	36002

Almost finished it means I have to win the battle with doors, add touch screen to replace the buttons was already installed and add some programmable control of all locks, actuators, lights, fan and ets.
                    This winter should take final works.

Comment

viva you done great job with interior beautifully done great quality work well done .

Comment

Some motivating photos

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1766.jpg Views:	1 Size:	139.5 KB ID:	36006

Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-11-19 at 13.10.27.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	158.9 KB ID:	36008
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-11-19 at 13.10.29.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	146.4 KB ID:	36009
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-11-19 at 13.10.26.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	157.8 KB ID:	36010

Comment

Love the color and great choice on the steering wheel too!
                          www.silverbulletrx7.com

Comment

simply stunning made my day seeing your car

Comment

Working...
                            X