This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarTest2000 Shareware Download

Here is the shareware version of CarTest2000. Its a DOS application.

I think there is some of my Attack spec cars in there too.

Download
    Alex Lear
    attackforums.com administrator

Nice software, don't know about it though. I knew nearly everything for my truck, minus drag coeffecient and it seems to think my top speed is 26 MPH...
    So what's going in my Attack?
    "Project Blitzkrieg"
    Top Secret nowadays

In the meantime: 2003 Mazda 6S, debadged, demolded, Hurst T-handle shifter, MSD Stacker-8 Ignition, 160F t-stat, throttle body grounded and coolant bypassed, blackened headlights, Boston Acoustic ProSeries 6.5 component speakers. 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 77,000 original miles, hole in the V6 block to be remedied with a built 350 V8 and GM 462 double-hump heads.

Comment

Could you post your truck specs here so I can look at them. Or attach the truck file that is created in the cartest2000 main directory.

The full CarTest2000 software is a "pretty" windows application but the calculation engine is the same and you get the same results.
      Alex Lear

Comment

1984 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4
        Ford 300 Straight 6 (820.519 CCs)
        Type: Normal
        Horsepower: 300 @ 3,250 RPM
        Torque: 365 ft-lbs @ 3.000 RPM
        Comp Ratio: 8.0:1
        Redline: 5,000 RPM

Transmission: 3 Speed
        Type: Automatic
        Gear Ratios
        1st - 2.46
        2nd - 1.46
        3rd - 1.00
        Final Drive Ratio: 3.55
        Driving Wheels: Rear

Test Weight: 3800 lbs
        % Weight on Front Wheels: 65%
        Wheelbase: 133 inches
        Tire section: 255
        Wheel diameter: 18 inches
        Tire Profile: 35%
        Coeffecient of drag: ?
        Overall height: 69.2 inches
        Overall Width: 79 inches
        Ground Clearance: 26 inches
        So what's going in my Attack?
        "Project Blitzkrieg"
        Top Secret nowadays

In the meantime: 2003 Mazda 6S, debadged, demolded, Hurst T-handle shifter, MSD Stacker-8 Ignition, 160F t-stat, throttle body grounded and coolant bypassed, blackened headlights, Boston Acoustic ProSeries 6.5 component speakers. 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 77,000 original miles, hole in the V6 block to be remedied with a built 350 V8 and GM 462 double-hump heads.

Comment

thanks m8

as you know iv been wonting this program for some time know.

thanks agin it really good
          Sam2003

Comment

I plugged in those truck specs and gave it a .5 coef. of drag (I really have no idea though) and got top speed of 107 MPH. I think it ran out of gears at that speed though. Check the numbers again especially the gears. I've messed up the gears before so it thought the end of 1st was the top speed.
            Alex Lear

Comment

I don't understand how does these things works ?

how do you use it ? how do you make a test etc.. ??

I tryed to run the Attack - Accord on the Montreal Circuit but didn't work !

I might try more to understand but hehe not have the time yet to test it !
              Why complicate things when you can make them simple.

Comment

Hmmm I got some questions for Alex... On your attack you made in the cartest you put the front is 40% shouldn't it be 52? since the Front Rear ratio of the attack is 52:48? Also you tires. I think you should set it at 225/40/18 since that is probably the most common. You had it set a 250/40/19. I don't think there is a 250. At least I've never heard of it. 255/40/19 those are real tires.. Lemme kno if you agree or don't since i'm playing around with these numbers trying to really see how the attack would do at the track.

Comment

Yes, your numbers are more accurate. I made that profile over a year ago when I didn't have much info on the car and didn't put much thought into the tires. Plus the K1 car that they had pictures of said 19 inch wheels so I went with that but its a little big. Mostly guesses on my part so don't take it too seriously. Try with those spec changes, does it change the outcome much?
                  Alex Lear

Comment

Somewhat. I didn't expect the Attack with the H22a to pull a 13 bone stock. a 14 was more believable. plus i uped the weight to fit driver plus gas (if you guys wanted to know gas is 6 pounds per gallon).

Comment

On your attack you made in the cartest you put the front is 40% shouldn't it be 52? since the Front Rear ratio of the attack is 52:48
                      I think it is more like 48 front 52 rear. I am betting Alex's 40% front should be pretty close minus the driver.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboi
                        Somewhat. I didn't expect the Attack with the H22a to pull a 13 bone stock. a 14 was more believable. plus i uped the weight to fit driver plus gas (if you guys wanted to know gas is 6 pounds per gallon).
                        Actually, with the F22, 130HP you can run low 14s, maybe even 14 flat! I have some real numbers to check the accuracy on this program... The black Attack that we have all seen has been tested by some Germans. They managed an average speed of over 100mph, with a top speed of just under 150! And that was with an F22 with who knows how many miles on it. At least, that's what Dick at K-1 told us...
                        Ryan

Comment

Working...
                        X