300ZX TT motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300ZX TT motor

What about the 300zx tt motor? its a v6 and twin turbo and puts out 300hp. it would take some modification but it would be so worth it.

Let us know how it works out.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinfej
      Let us know how it works out.
      Your funny!

Comment

Attack is unique and that is why I am interested in it so much. The kit itself is made for engines F20..., F22..., H22..., etc.
        With engines there was an axle used - wrong - ET is moved to an extreme position by wheels' pads, in general that is wrong.

If you want to use another engine, you can expect troubles. Therefore if any solving of troubles then expecting some results. Put the engine longitudinally as the F1 standard, the arms put on the unibal..., extended half-axles (I can let those to be done for you), ET - OK.
        The suitable Attack engine is - powerful, light. Thenafter there can be any competition with Lamborghini.

Comment

What about a supra motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Aequitas
            What about a supra motor?
            why would you use the 2jz motor?! why.... Even professionals in Japan install built 3sgte motors into their supras to center the weight balance better and they generate more power...

Just cuz the too fast too furious movie came out doesn't make the supra a godly car.

Comment

this is all ridiculous...
              guys the only way that this kind of engine is to fit in an attack (even modified slightly) is to have it mounted transversely (like an NSX, MR2, Fiero, lamborghini miura, La Bala etc).
              If you absolutely must have one of the heaviest engines (VG30dett) to unbalance the car entirely, then you'd likely need a ___gen maxima ( I think 2001 and earlier) tranny and then swap the turbo bits (pistons, injectors, ecu, etc) over to the VG30de. Then you'd have to fab up a crazy uneven length turbo manifold(s) etc.
              Total waste of time, when for v6 power you could have an Altima/maxima VQ powering it, with an aluminum block making high 200's for much less work.
              Or if you don't mind 4 banger then the choices are endless.
              Personally, I'd get a 4g63t and mod away (though I'd likely not have to).

I love the VG30 series but its a horrible choice for a project like this.

Comment

Originally posted by DTEK View Post
                this is all ridiculous...
                guys the only way that this kind of engine is to fit in an attack (even modified slightly) is to have it mounted transversely (like an NSX, MR2, Fiero, lamborghini miura, La Bala etc).
                If you absolutely must have one of the heaviest engines (VG30dett) to unbalance the car entirely, then you'd likely need a ___gen maxima ( I think 2001 and earlier) tranny and then swap the turbo bits (pistons, injectors, ecu, etc) over to the VG30de. Then you'd have to fab up a crazy uneven length turbo manifold(s) etc.
                Total waste of time, when for v6 power you could have an Altima/maxima VQ powering it, with an aluminum block making high 200's for much less work.
                Or if you don't mind 4 banger then the choices are endless.
                Personally, I'd get a 4g63t and mod away (though I'd likely not have to).

I love the VG30 series but its a horrible choice for a project like this.
                I'd have to agree with this. The VG30DETT motor is an iron block. I have a twin turbo Z with 400HP. I would not recommend this motor for a lightweight vehicle. I have trouble with traction as it is. Just couldn't imagine it in a car that weights 1200lbs less. Stick with what others have used. If you plan on adventuring out to something else than you better have some GOOD fabrication skills. Other wise your going to end up doing one of two things:

1. Spending money at a fabrication shop to help you out once you get stuck.
                2. End up with a pile of parts ($$$) scattered around your garage.
                1990 300ZXTT stageIII
                94 accord EX 5-speed (daily driver)

Comment

Working...
                X