No announcement yet.

please dont hate me for this question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please dont hate me for this question.

alright, though i love honda engines, and would personally rather go for an h-22, i am a huge fan of the toyota mr-2. will the fact that its already a rear (well, mid) engine car make the isntall any easyer? the 3s-ge/gte is a great motor, putting out between 200-245 hp depending on the trim and turbo or n/a option. im sure some will get mad for asking the same stupid question over and over, but im most familiar with that motor and its capabilities. any info is awesome. thanks.

Yes, this question is asked to death and no, no one has/will do it. It's possible, but if it was something you could do, you wouldn't be asking if it could be done, if you follow. Worst case is cutting apart the old rear end on the attack and designing and fabricating a new one (with suspension). If that seems like too much work (it is) you could try something hybrid. The kit version of the Attack (if it's still available) is designed to bolt to the Honda subrame and suspension. You could try using a Honda subframe and fabricate some custom mounts to hold the 3S-GTE in and get some cutom drive shafts to adapt to the honda suspension.

To date I only know of two builds using non-standard engines. A high school group got a VW diesel in there with electric motors on the front, and a British group is trying to get an Audi TT engine in there.

For more info try using the search button... I see 9 other posts about the 3S-GTE.

But, if you were to do it, it would be a solid car.

Comment

well i am considering doing it in a little less than a year when i get out of college. i just need to get the funds together to equip the garage first with a decent MIG welder and all the other toys and whistles. i think fabricating the mounts would be easier than cutting up and fabricating a new rear end. plus if it doesn't work it is a lot less destructive.

Comment

Originally posted by raver4lfeny View Post
        well i am considering doing it in a little less than a year when i get out of college. i just need to get the funds together to equip the garage first with a decent MIG welder and all the other toys and whistles. i think fabricating the mounts would be easier than cutting up and fabricating a new rear end. plus if it doesn't work it is a lot less destructive.
        its not just mounts dude... you have lots to think about... suspension... geometry... etc...

Comment

Originally posted by redlinedeath View Post
          alright, though i love honda engines, and would personally rather go for an h-22, i am a huge fan of the toyota mr-2. will the fact that its already a rear (well, mid) engine car make the isntall any easyer? the 3s-ge/gte is a great motor, putting out between 200-245 hp depending on the trim and turbo or n/a option. im sure some will get mad for asking the same stupid question over and over, but im most familiar with that motor and its capabilities. any info is awesome. thanks.
          MR2 powerplants are the greatest ones on a bouget, make sure you get the turbo model for more power.

The way I see it is if there's a K1 attack with a Northstar V8 then I really don't see any serious issues using the GTE motor into the chassis.
          When you hear enemy firing on your radio, you've got problems~!.

Pontiac Fiero 2M4(project)
          Chevy Camaro 3.8 V6(Daily driver/Weekendwarrior for now)

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera View Post
            MR2 powerplants are the greatest ones on a bouget, make sure you get the turbo model for more power.

The way I see it is if there's a K1 attack with a Northstar V8 then I really don't see any serious issues using the GTE motor into the chassis.
            the frame was hacked and lengthend... if this was done then i'm sure they could then also relocate the mounts and everything to make it work. If he's asking about if a 3sgte will just bolt in... then no.. it's gonna be quite a lot of work.

Comment

Working...
            X