V6 Engines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V6 Engines.

Hi, Im from England, and was thinking of building an Attack. And was thinking of fitting a 3.0 V6 24v Engine, then later in the future, fitting 2 turbos. And I was wondering, whats the best engine out there that can fit 2 turbos, and which is very powerful, very torquey, and best of all. Has the best engine sound. Like a sweet V12 kinda sound.

I gotta be honest, I don't think an engine exists that meets all your requirements. V6, 3 liters, lots of power, & easy to turbocharge?

I think we're probably better off determining what V6's are capable of fitting in the Attack without major modifications, and going from there. Nor do I see twin-turbocharging as a viable option - the manifolds just take up too much space.

Obviously, the Honda V6 offering's (3.0, 3.2, & 3.5 liters) are a good bet to fit, and there are finally some manual transaxle's to match with them. It seems that K-1 will be using the Ford Mondeo (Contour) V6, so that's a definite option. Although it's of a slightly smaller displacement than 3 liters - 2.7, I believe.

After that, the sky is the limit as to what you feel like cramming in there. Nissan's VQ engines, the Toyota V6's, Mazda's KL V6's, etc., etc. But no one knows for sure what will or won't work.

And it's pretty tough to replicate the sound of 48 whirring valves & a cylinder firing every 30 degrees of crank rotation, so I wouldn't count on any V12-esque aural satisfaction . . . .

Comment

um, ok, dont mind just the one turbo, I just want to have a V6 with the sound of a dump valve, maybe even a V8. Anything that sounds nice and has good power. I dont want a prelude engine, or something like that. I want an engine, that you can open the door to the engine bay, and just make your m8s go :O

Comment

Alfa Romeo V6 24V 3.0L

Best looking best sounding V6. Can be heavily tuned too even without a turbo.

I would stay with a light 4cyl just for the weight savings but that is just me.

Comment

I think the best 6 cylinder engine is the RB26DETT pretty easily.

The RB26 is a 2.6 liter engine that can push 1400 hp, dynos stock at about 320 hp and goes to about 700 hp pretty easily with a completely stock block. It's a twin turbo setup already, but it's not ideal for an attack because it's awd. but it's used to power the fastest street legal car in the world right now, the jun supra. Shown here: http://www.fast-autos.net/jun/suprainfo.html as well as powering the HKS drag car http://www.fast-autos.net/hks/hksracing180sx.html

It's an inline 6 (which would mean it's not fit for this forum hehe) but if you can get an awd to rwd, it'd be worth the trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Abomination
            I think the best 6 cylinder engine is the RB26DETT pretty easily.

The RB26 is a 2.6 liter engine that can push 1400 hp, dynos stock at about 320 hp and goes to about 700 hp pretty easily with a completely stock block. It's a twin turbo setup already, but it's not ideal for an attack because it's awd. but it's used to power the fastest street legal car in the world right now, the jun supra. Shown here: http://www.fast-autos.net/jun/suprainfo.html as well as powering the HKS drag car http://www.fast-autos.net/hks/hksracing180sx.html

It's an inline 6 (which would mean it's not fit for this forum hehe) but if you can get an awd to rwd, it'd be worth the trouble
            I think you're confusing your engines . . . . .

The RB engines are I-6 Nissan engines that came in the Skyline, of which there were AWD & RWD variants. You occasionally will see them transplanted into other RWD Nissan offerings (180sx, Silvia, etc.). Fitment into the Attack would require hardcore custom fabrication, especially since they've never been offered with a transaxle.

The Toyota Supra uses a 2JZ engine (among others), also an I-6. Also never offered with a FWD setup, only RWD.

Both engines have tremendous potential, but both engines would take a ridiculous amount of money to fit into the Accord.

Comment

Personally, I think that the 2001 Honda Accord V6 3.0L engine is the best bang for your buck. It comes stock with 200hp and can be tuned till the cows come home. Stock and upgrade parts are redially available from dealers like:
              comptechusa.com
              speedandstyle.com
              nopionline.com
              That combined with the Acura RSX 6 speed transaxle is the idel combination for me. That is what I am going to use.

Comment

Originally posted by screamnwheels
                Personally, I think that the 2001 Honda Accord V6 3.0L engine . . .
                ---------------------------
                That combined with the Acura RSX 6 speed transaxle is the idel combination for me.
                Unfortunately, that transmission will not work with that engine. They rotate in opposite directions. Unless you want to go really fast in reverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemione

I think you're confusing your engines . . . . .

The RB engines are I-6 Nissan engines that came in the Skyline, of which there were AWD & RWD variants...
                  I knowthat. In fact, I said that if you read what I typed, I noted that it's inline 6 and is awd. I only said what I said because it's the best 6 cylinder engine out there and it's already a twin turbo.

Comment

RB26DETT - Nissan Skyline engine, RWD & AWD
                    2JZ-GTE - Toyota Supra engine, RWD

I guarantee you that the JUN Supra doesn't use an RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemione
                      RB26DETT - Nissan Skyline engine, RWD & AWD
                      2JZ-GTE - Toyota Supra engine, RWD

I guarantee you that the JUN Supra doesn't use an RB.
                      you're right, that specific supra does use the JZ engine, but previous jun supras have used the RB engine and other supras still do, like Top Secret's supra.

Comment

Here, this is the first article I found on a jun supra.

http://www.geocities.com/ma71supratu.../hpisupra.html

If you go to to google.com and search for "jun supra" it's the very first link there.

Here are some quotes for ya:

"The race ported heads uses JUN camshafts with 10.8mm lift using RB26 Nissan lifters 3S-GE valvesprings and offset retainers"

"The front-mounted intercooler is a trust four layer designed for GTR"

"JUN have replaced it (the transmission) with a Sequential hollinger H65 which uses a nissan input shaft."

That was the first one I found, you can look more.

Comment

Would a Skyline V6 fit into the back of the Attack, or is it a dream choice?. Mostly the R-34 GTR engine, because that has twin turbos

Comment

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/articles/hpi15_1.htm

here's a top secret supra article. The first line reads:

"The first supra was an RB26-DETT engineered car that remains the fastest car in Japan for the 0-300 km/h rwd title."

btw, last time I checked, the 0-300 km/h record was held by a veilside R32 at 13.72 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Abomination
                              Here are some quotes for ya:

"The race ported heads uses JUN camshafts with 10.8mm lift using RB26 Nissan lifters 3S-GE valvesprings and offset retainers"

"The front-mounted intercooler is a trust four layer designed for GTR"

"JUN have replaced it (the transmission) with a Sequential hollinger H65 which uses a nissan input shaft."
                              I think the most important quote from that page would be,

"The original 2JZ-GTE block is still used . . . ."

A few miscellaneous Nissan parts doesn't make it an RB26 engine.

Yes, Top Secret has been known to swap RB's into just about anything. But Top Secret had nothing to do with your original post.

-----------------------------

Max Power - it's an I6, not a V6. So for all intents & purposes, it won't fit in the Attack.

Comment

Working...
                              X